Tuesday, June 30, 2009

4 Challenges In One (2 Sketches 4 You, Use It, Bitten By the Bug, Pile It On) ~ Way to say Happy 4th of July!


I found this new challenge called Pile It On and the purpose of it is to do it as a challenge + as many others as you can in the same project! Wow! Sounds hard but actually this project ended up easy to use them all! This is actually a door hanging. I got the idea from one of the design team members of Bitten By the Bug. Here are the challenges:
Bitten By the Bug - Use jumbled freedom words from Cricut Graphically Speaking (Independence is also from the same cartridge!)
2 Sketches 4 You, Laura Sketch #29 (used that for how I set it up!)
Use It #16 - Use Polka Dots, inspired by nature (the little owl!), favorite embellishments (I used the ribbon, flowers, button, and die cuts), and send to someone you care about. In this case I'm going to hang this on my door at work because it will cheer everyone up! So all those people are special! Hope that counts!
Pile It On #4 - Use 4 Buttons.
As I said in an earlier post for the same Use It challenge, I've been cleaning and reorganizing my scrap space and so I "found" the red polka dotty paper and didn't realize just how much fiber I had and this was a fun way to use it! I can't wait to take this to work tomorrow and hang it on my door!

13 comments:

claudia shadler said...

awesome! very nice patriotic card! Love the frills and the good use of the sketch! Happy 4th!

Clouds :D

cnelson said...

what a fabulous card! love it in every way possible!

Joanne said...

Very cute! I especially love the owl!

Unknown said...

this is AWESOME, so clever!!
great use of the Use It! challenge!!
♥rae

~amy~ said...

how absolutely FUN!!!

Unknown said...

oh my word, how adorable is this...hugs

Anonymous said...

tamaroo, love it! off to check out bitten by the bug challenges!

Thanks for playing with us!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Kay said...

How sweet of you to create this amazing door hanger and let your coworkers enjoy it, too! What a VERY clever idea and I'm so glad you got to use up some of your fibers! I LOVE this!! ♥♥ Kay

Laura Davis said...

Great work! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous combination of cuts and challenges! thanks for playing along with BBTB. xxD

June Houck said...

Very cool project! Would you consider doing a different one to enter at Cuttlebug Challenges? Our current challenge is red, white, and blue with buttons, and using Cuttlebug dies or embossing folders, of course :)

Hugs,
June
Proud DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Vickilyn said...

This is great!! I LOVE red white & blue!!

Thanks for joining us at PILE IT ON!!

~Vicki
Owner

Scrappin' T said...

So cool! Lucky you don't have four-legged friends around your door or they'd chew off all those awesome fibers!!!