Sunday, June 28, 2009

2 Challenges In One ~ Thank You Card


For this card, I combined the Use It #16 Challenge with the Card Patterns #21 Sketch!
The Use It #16 Challenge was brought to us by Kay Sibley and was to be:
**Polka Dots (check, check ~ got lots of polka dots going on here!)
**Something from Nature (check, check ~ turtles and flowers)
**Favorite Embellishment (check ~ I have lots of faves but I love stacking flowers right now and putting a button on them! I also love die cuts with the cricut so the thank you is from the Beyond Birthdays cartridge)
**Send it to someone special (this will go to my parents who had my kids visit for a little over a week ~ I think it is great for my kids to get to know their grandparents but it still is hard to be patient when you haven't had kids around for quite awhile!)
And, for extra points I actually "found" both of these cool papers as I've been going through and reorganizing my scrap area! You wouldn't believe all the cool things I've found! I shouldn't have to shop for a long time (but will I???? Maybe I should Use It more often!).

16 comments:

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Your card is just gorgeous! Love that DP!! Awesome job with the sketch! :)

AUsome mom said...

How fun is THIS?!! I love all of your color combos. Wonderful card!!

Krista B. said...

Your card just screams FUN! Those papers make me smile I love all the colors. Great Card :)

Unknown said...

love how you 'found' these sweet papers, nothing beats shopping {for free} in your own stash!! ;)
great card, thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
♥rae

Kay said...

The polka dot flower is gorgeous and I love the scallop edge on your card. This is SO pretty!!! What a special card to give!! ♥♥ Kay

yyam said...

This is so beautiful. I love the color combo! :)

~amy~ said...

oh-so-SWEET!!!

Scrappin' T said...

Awesome design! I love the blue & yellows & the turtle paper -- so cool!

whoistracy said...

Wow! What a fun card! Love that wild DP you used. This card just makes me smile. So glad you could play along with us again.

Dora said...

A great take on the sketch, beautiful colors, and love the papers with the turtle!

hugs Dora

danni reid. said...

love your palette & love your card, wow!

Joanne said...

Lovely! Your card is just so bright and cheery and fun!

Juhi said...

wow Tami, love all those polka dots!!your card is gorgeous.....

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Love your card. The colors are beautiful...

Dawn♥ said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love the details! :)
♥Dawn♥

debb said...

Beautiful card- love the color combo!