Thursday, June 18, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You (Laura 28)/Father's Day


I made my dad a father's day card weeks ago but at work we are still selling cards for the food drive and there were not many left from last year! So I worked on a few this week to replenish the ones we had. This first one is using up more of my scraps from making my daughter a 8.5 X 8.5 scrapbook for outdoor school (the scrap pile is really diminishing, yeah!). I used the cricut graphically speaking cartridge to cut out authentic and genuine, and the beyond birthdays cartridge for dad. The you're #1 is a dollar stamp (the circle was cut with the cricut george cartridge).



For the other one I used Laura's sketch #28 from 2 Sketches 4 You. I have the patterned paper (American Crafts) for quite some time and it just seemed to go with this sketch. I don't know what brand the black and white checkered paper is as I have had it for a long, long time! You're the Best is from the cricut Alphalicious cartridge and dad is from the beyond birthdays cartridge (I've cut a lot of these out lately but they are just such a nice font!). I used another $1 stamp for the happy father's day and put it on pop dots on a flower (using those up too as I got tons of red flowers for my Christmas cards last year!).
Thanks Laura for another great sketch!

8 comments:

cnelson said...

great masculine cards! love them!!

Ann said...

Fab guy cards! Great take on Laura's sketch.

Martha said...

Love this father's day card!!!

Randee E said...

Such cute cards! Love them both!

Laura Davis said...

What a great card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

TesaB said...

Great cards!!!

claudia shadler said...

oh so cute card! Love the father's day sentiments! Very cute PP!

Clouds :D

Juhi said...

wow great cards Tami......love the colors, truely guy cards.....