Monday, June 15, 2009

Card Patterns #19/Graduation Altered CD's and Last 2 pages of Silverwood Book


Here is a card for the card patterns sketch #19. My uncle's 80th birthday party is next weekend and my kids are going with my parents (I'm not!). I wanted the kids to have a cool card to give him! I used scraps from Bo Bunny paper (I used it for my daughter's outdoor school book which I will have to post pics of!). It's your day is from the George Cricut Cartridge and so is the circle. The branch is from the Storybook Cricut Cartridge. The scallop is a quickutz revolution 12" die. The 80 and owl are both quickutz 2 X 2 dies. The blingy leaves I got at walmart in the button section.




These next 2 pictures are of the altered CD's I made for each kid in my daughter's 5th grade class. I used a star theme for the boys and hearts for the girls (my daughter had 2 Morgan's in her class ~ one a boy and one a girl!)

I used the Cutting Cafe happy graduation big printable stamps on one side and Cutting Cafe calendar printable stamps on the other side. 5th grade is from the Locker Talk Cricut Cartridge, the names are from Don Juan Cricut Cartridge,




Congrats on the star one is from the Teardrop cricut cartridge and the stacked congrats is from Beyond Birthdays Cricut Cartridge.

These were such great fun to make. I also cut 12 of the stacked congrats out really big and hung them from the ceiling with fishing water with blue and white streamers and glittery grad caps.

Both my kids and my daughter's friend Stephenee helped us decorate for her room's breakfast. The kids said their room was the best decorated! Very fun!



And here are my last 2 pages from the Silverwood Book!
100% and Extreme are from the Graphically Speaking Cricut Cartridge ~ I love this cartridge!



This last page was kind of a fill in - I ran out of pictures. The black circles I used a doodling template my sister sent me ~ how cool is that! I got the bingo card from the frugal crafter blog fro free. Idaho is cut from the Cricut 50 states cartridge.
The green frame and "day" are from the Storybook Cricut cartridge. And last but not least, the July 2008 are from the revolution cookie cutter calendar dies!
I hope everyone is having a terrific Monday!



5 comments:

Scrappin' T said...

Wow! Awesome! Love the altered CDs - so cool. How great that you were able to get the George cart, too!

Regina Easter said...

wow girl, i love how you did the graduation cd's....what an awesome ideal...will surely put in the gallery...thanks again

Jessica Theodore said...

Love your card, that owl is cute and great colour combo!

Juhi said...

wow, awesome card Tami, the owl is so cute, and the blingy leaves are great......altered CDs is a brilliant idea!!

whoistracy said...

What a great card! Happy birthday to your uncle!! Love those little owls. So glad you could play along with us again.