Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Use It ~ Challenge #7


Wow! This was a tough one!



I don't know if I got everything in but it was a great way to get my daughter's birthday party invitations done! She is only inviting 2 girls because we are going to a small amusement park in Portland and then they are staying the night. So it wasn't one of those massive card making exercises!

I knew I wanted to make a shaker because I found this cool confetti that was tropical themed! We had bought a bunch of cool tropical party stuff last year thinking ahead for now! So, let's see how I did on the challenge:

**Use black or white cardstock as the base: I used both (sneaky, huh! maybe I'll get extra points when I don't have one of the other elements!)

**Use 4 different patterned paper: green on the tree is DCWV Christmas Glitter stack from years ago, Brown on the tree is Basic Grey, flip flops are WR Memory Keepers, and the yellow sun is making memories

**Non-scrap item: This is where I have some problems, unless you count the confetti which is technically not a scrap item but I bought it with the intention of making shakers!

**Doodling: Yeah - I did it!

**Use whatever is laying around: I had this tropical flower ribbon that I used in another project 2 years ago and was able to use it all up! Whoo Hoo!

Have a great rest of the week and Happy Scrapping!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh WOW, what an awesome invitation... this is the coolest thing ever!! Way to rock this week's Use It! challenge!!
hugs!
~rae

patti west said...

The girls are going to LOVE their invitations!! This is so wicked cute!! Love the shaker and palm tree...love it all.

anja curvers said...

Oh wow you did a great job with the challenge how cool is this. Thank's for playing along with my challenge.

Linda Beeson said...

This is just so cute! What a great idea!

Tonya said...

Very cool invitations! I am sure the girls really got excited for the party after receiving such fun cards! Great job!