Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Use #5 and 2 Sketches 4 You week of 4/6/09








This was a really fun card to create! I used Laura's sketch 23 from 2 Sketches 4 You along with the Use It Challenge #5. The Use Challenge was to:






  • Use an old die cut. I didn't have many of these around since I have started buying die cut machines several years ago (quickutz, sizzix, cricut) but I found this cool 4th of July hat in my stash.

  • Use a technique you used to use. I used to piece my die cuts together and chalk them (not the little cats eyes everyone uses today but the old kind with a q-tip!). Luckily I had 3 different colored hats so cut them apart and then chalked some of the pieces!

  • Use a patterned paper over 2 years old. I don't know how old this paper was but I have a whole stash of 4th of July paper and I know I haven't purchased any for quite sometime!

  • Use something on clearance. The trim on the hat was on clearance at my local scrapbook store a month or two ago. Seemed to work great with the theme.

I completed the card with the star and usa cut with a sizzlet (also an older set) and a me and my big ideas sticker and stickopatumus 4th of July letters (also been hanging around for quite some time) and the America ribbon was from Walmart (I purchased this in the last couple weeks!). The cool thing about this card was that I used a few more things than even the challenge called for! Loved it!


Have a great week and a very Happy Easter everyone!


8 comments:

Tonya said...

WOW! You did an awesome job on this card! It looks terrific,...and very patriotic! ;)

Unknown said...

Absolutely DARLING!!! L♥VE what you put together here, way to 'use it' this week ;) thanks for playing along!!
hugs!!
~rae

Laura Davis said...

Cute! Love the patriotic theme! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Scrappin' T said...

This is so cute! I love how you put together so many things from the Use challenge and the 2S4Y challenge. Great idea to get started on Independence Day cards!

Ewonne said...

Cool card!! Love the hat!

cnelson said...

what a fun card! love it!

Rosanne said...

Wonderful card!

Regan said...

ooooh, this card is fabulous, thansk for playing along with my challenge!!