Sunday, December 21, 2008

More Winter Weather and Some Reindeer Cards!

The Challenge at Card-A-Licious this week was to make a card with a Holiday Icon. I think reindeers are holiday icons! Aren't they??? I found this cute reindeer on the Cricut paper doll cartridge as an accessory! My daughter really wanted the cartridge and I wasn't sure we would use it and then this weekend I have been cutting out lots of reindeers! The card with all the little reindeer faces was a DCWV holiday glitter card that I had in my stash of cards (I knew I was holding on to them for a reason!). 'Tis the Season to be jolly is all from the quickutz holiday gift set for 2008. I had bought a whole bunch of the red fiber for our x-mas cards and I tied it around his neck to look like a little scarf - hope it keeps him warm!

This other cute guy with the X-mas Tree (another holiday Icon!) was also made with the paper doll cartridge. The tree and wreath came from the Joys of the Season cartridge. Be Jolly and the x-mas lights are from the quickutz revolution 2008 holiday gift set. Patternd paper is from the Me and My Big Ideas Christmas Stack.

We still have some incredibly cold and dangerous winter weather ~ quite unusual for the Northwest but for the past week it has snowed, thawed, snowed, thawed....you get the idea but last night and today we had a new twist ~ FREEZING Rain! Yuck! I hate freezing rain! It is so treacherous. I went out today for awhile and took this pictures. Doesn't Santa look like he has a stole around him of snow (and ice), the ice on the tree looks pretty. I'm holding up a piece of the ice that I picked up off the top of the snow. Everything was covered with a 1/4 to 1/2 inch sheet of ice. When you walked, you crunched through it but you had to be careful not to slip or get your foot stuck in the hole that the "crunching" made. My yard and driveway are sloped so as I broke up the stuff off of the sidewalk and driveway, parts of it would skid down like it was on a sled! I'm crossing my fingers that it will warm up over night before it is time to head to work! I've been wearing jeans and snow boots all last weeks and it looks like this week is starting out the same way!















1 comment:

danni reid. said...

OMGosh, those are adorable cards! Those reindeer are the cuuuuutest!