Thursday, December 11, 2008

A beautiful girl in Orchestra! And 2 Sketches 4 You (Kazan Sketch 15 and Heidi Bonus Sketch - Week of Dec 8, 2008)

This has been a very busy week! My daughter Shaina had her Orchestra Concert on Tuesday night. They played 3 songs and she got to introduce one! She is 10 and in 5th grade but I think she looks so grown up when she is all dressed up! She did awesome! My parents came back through here to see the concert (they had been in California seeing my sister and her kids). Then on Wednesday, Shaina was part of her school choir that performed at the state capitol. Our state capitol is always decorated beautifully for the holidays and it was nice that my parents got to see that concert too. I also got to show them around the capitol and the decorations! They left today because the weather is looking like it is going to get cold and snow. Shaina had her regular choir concert tonight and did awesome! Next week it is a band concert for my son!




I really liked the sketches this week at 2 Sketches 4 You! I thought they had very clean lines. For the bonus sketch (Heidi's), I used Cosmo Cricket paper that I got as a gift for being one of the first 50 shoppers the day after Thanksgiving at Scrapbook Fever (Salem, OR). The Merry Christmas and holly leaves are from the quickutz revolution 2008 holiday gift set. I used a fiskars border punch and embosser for the redish paper (it was really sticking so this was a lot of work today!).


Kazan's Sketch also had really clean lines. I used this paper from the 2007 DCWV Christmas Glitter Stack, the snowflake is made from DCWV glitter paper and the Don Juan cartridge for the cricut. The lace was used to tie up the cosmo cricket free package that I got the day after Thanksgiving!
I still don't have my christmas cards done! I have more letters to cut out and I need to take a picture of my kids! I can't believe I actually started part of them in July and still don't have them done! But this weekend I will have some time because my daughter is going to Sunriver with her friend's family and my son is inviting another boy over to hang out. We also might have snow this weekend! I like it a lot better when it snows on the weekend on not weekdays!!!
Thanks for stopping by!









5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are both beautiful! I love what you did with my sketch! That cluster of gingham brad berries is precious!

Unknown said...

Fabulous interpretations of both 2s4y sketches this week!!

Scrappin' T said...

Wow! I didn't imagine that the Cosmo Cricket paper would turn into such a beautiful Christmas card!

You really do a fantastic job on cards!

I hope you, Carl, and Shaina have a super Christmas holiday! Snow certainly does make one feel more festive (and snow in Houston this week was really special).

Teresa

Unknown said...

The cards are beautiful - Love that big blue snowflake and congrats to your daughter on her wonderful concert achievements
:) Kazan

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Great job with your cards and your daughter is beautiful!