Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You week of December 22, 2008

At first I looked at this week's sketch and thought how could I come up with something for the area with the 3 circles? And then I had all kinds of ideas but not enough time ~ maybe will get more at the end of the week and do some more!

At work, another gal and I make cards all year for the state food drive. The official time of the food drive is February so valentines go very well and we sell them for cheaper than stores so of course people buy them! So, I made one valentine to sell for the food drive. The paper is mostly K and Company. The "love" is a sizzlet and the "you" and "me" were cut with quickutz Eliza mini. The hears are also sizzlets and the "love" heart is on pop dots. The clear stickers with the sayings are from my stash. The rhinestones are also K and Company.

I have 7 managers that report directly to me and at the time of each person's birthday we all go out to lunch. I make every one of them a card and with these 2 made I actually have them all made for the year 2009. Some of their birthdays aren't till September but I feel really good about not having to scramble at the time of their birthdays! For once I'm organized! I just have to make one for my boss (but his birthday isn't till May!).

The balloons on the first one are from the cricut teardrop cartridge and the happy birthday is a sizzlet that I had borrowed from a friend quite some time ago and cut out a bunch of happy birthdays to use later! They came in real handy!



I've been using a lot of black and white with blue so this time I tried purple tones with it and think it looks great too! The black and white paper was scraps from other projects (I've got a lot of black and white scraps so there could be more cards using that combo coming!). The happy birthday and flourishes are quickutz revolution. The flowers are doodlebug and the rhinestone brads are darice.

Thanks for taking a look! It has been another wild weather week here. They stay this cold and snow storm is the worst we've had in 40 years (I was kid in Idaho then so I wasn't here). It snowed all day when I was at work Monday ~ 6 to 8 inches. But it was my lucky day, because I decided to go for a little drive at lunch to make sure I could still back my car out of the parking lot so I checked our local store, Scrapbook Fever on-line to see if they were open and read the story about the owner and her husband having to stay in a motel across the street from the store because their house had lost power (alot of trees and limbs came down due to ice) and decided it wasn't far from work, I'd go check it out! Her husband opened the door for me and said welcome 2nd customer of the day! I jokingly asked if there were any sales and she told me whatever I bought I'd get 25% off! Very cool! I bought some extra mats for my cricut, a scraping tool (think I'll need that), a nestibility die (been meaning to try them), some x-mas stamps (like I need more???), and some card stock but it was very cool to get 25% off that stuff!



Everyone have a great holiday!


15 comments:

Laura Davis said...

These are all perfect examples of the sketch Tami! Happy Holidays to you too!
Laura

Peet said...

they are all so beautiful!!!

Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! you were busy! These are all so darling! Great job interpreting the sketch!
Happy Holidays!
-Heidi

Ann said...

These are all wonderful! Such a great set to show off this week's sketch! :D

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Great job on all of these! Wow, you did a lot!

Unknown said...

Wonderful job with Kazan's sketch, all of your cards are wonderful!

Bev said...

Brilliant cards, all of them
hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous cards for the Sketch Tami...
Hope your enjoying your Christmas:)~X~

Eveline said...

Great cards.
Eveline.

Mary said...

I love them all, but my favorite is the black, lilac, and white! So lovelet and so elegant! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great Cards, I love them all!
-Cer

Katie said...

These are all so cute!! Great job!!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Wondderful takes on the sketch... ...Happy Holidays...HUGS..SK :)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, love how each one is so different.

Scrappin' T said...

Of course being partial to purple, I love the birthday card!

Looks like you were busy during Christmas!

Teresa