Sunday, January 4, 2009

Shaker Fun!!!

I got these cool Holiday Big Words Printable Stamps from Reginascutterdesigns.blogspot.com. Then at Scrapbook.com one of the card challenges was to make a shaker. I had never made a shaker so I checked out the tutorial at Split Coast Stampers. They were so much fun that I made several! I used sizzix frames for the frame and in a couple cases I used chipboard under them. Here they are:

The background is Holiday Big Words from Reginascutterdesigns.blogspot.com, lips and swak are quickutz dies and "swak" is quickutz blossom mini. Striped pattern paper is from either the 2007 or 2008 DCWV spring stack (I tore the paper out and put it with all my valentine paper!) Flower is a prima and the brad is from creative cafe.

Bee Mine also uses quickutz blossom mini for the words. The flowers were cut with one of the sizzix stacked flower dies using felt (this time was my first time to cut out felt too! I've tried lots of things this weekend!). The bees are buttons that I've had in my stash for quite awhile. This is the same DCWV patterned paper!

The tickets on this shaker were made with a quickutz die and then stamped with autumn leaves stamps! The black and white polka dot is bo bunny paper and so is the flowered paper (I got it either last year or the year before around v-day!). The flowered paper was cut with the sizzix jelly frame. The flower is another felt one cut with a sizzix die.The I, heart, and U were cut with sizzix dies (metallic paper on chipboard) and then attached with a safety pin.

The same paper combination and felt flowers cut with sizzix were used with the "Love" frame. Love was cut with a sizzlet.




The last one is a New Years Shaker (I think I'll put it on my office door!). The background is a Holiday Printable Stamp from Reginascutterdesigns.blogspot.com and so is the little saying in the corner. I used a gold leafing pen around the little saying. Polka Dot paper is Bo Bunny and the black patterned paper is DCWV Glitter Stack. I added a shiny prima flower!
Thanks for taking a look!












2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

omg, these are super adorable...great job...i love them...

Scrappin' T said...

Tami:

These are so cute. I have never made a shaker before either but wanted to try some day -- you give me inspiration to try different things!!

Ranger and Thorium love the sign you made them! It is hanging on their door.

Teresa