Saturday, January 10, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You Week of 1-5-09 (Times 2!)


I've already posted some cards for the 2 Sketches 4 You Sketches this week but I had so many ideas (I actually have more but running out of time!). I was helping my son with a school project and we had the Going Places Cricut Cartridge out and we made a compass for him. I had remembered a card from a Papercrafts Magazine 2 years ago that had a valentine that said you are my true north so that compass started this idea! The paper on the left is DCWV Far East Stack and the right side is DCWV Old World Stack. True is Cricut Base Camp and North is Cricut Jasmine. The ribbon I got on one of the little spools at Michaels.









This tag actually started out as a card but then it just looked better being a tag (using the bonus sketch this week!). I found this cool saying on a card that was on scrapbook.com by TheScrapLady - she had a stamp but I just typed in my computer and then cut with a sizzix tag. The blue background paper is DCWV Old World Stack. The circle is a quickutz revolution cookie cutter and the little bubble stickers I got on clearance at Michaels (they are Colorbok).

Thanks for taking a look! I'm off to shopping with my parents for most of the day. Going to get my dad's birthday present (without him finding out hopefully) and going to the outlet mall (hopefully find some clearance cool clothes for my kids!) and maybe to Ruby Tuesdays up in Portland (I've never been there!). Can't wait to see next weeks sketches!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute that you are on a roll. So cool that this sketch provides so much inspiration - gotta love that!
Thanks for playing x 2
:) Kazan

Scrappin' T said...

Cool cards! I like the earthy colors!! True North -- I might have to steal that idea sometime!

I'm glad you're loving the Cricut and you are doing wonderful things with it!

Teresa

Unknown said...

Lovely cards! Great takes on both sketches!

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards ~ great take on both 2s4y sketches this week!

Peet said...

Gorgeous cards!!! thanks for playing!