Sunday, January 25, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You Design Team Application Cards/Cardalicious 9/Some New Techniques!


I had an awesome time yesterday with my friends, Bonnie and Gail. While I didn't get my calendar finished, it is close! We are talking about getting together in 2 weeks so I could for sure finish it then!

I've made a few cards in the last few days! The first one "I love you every day" was for the bonus of group of the January card challenge at Scrapbook.com. You were supposed to do some techniques from Scrapperlicious' blog under tips and tricks. This is the first time I've tried things like mesh with the flowers (it is underneath the flowers), extreme distressing (you punch holes in stuff), making that little notebook page look torn out. I was really freaking about punching holes in good stuff but now I am really pleased with how it turned out. I used cosmo cricket christmas paper (my sister, Teresa and I both got this free bunch of cosmo cricket on the day after thanksgiving when we went shopping!). The love stamp and the notebook are both Teresa Collins (I love how her stamps stamp well and clean up so nice!), the clock is a Maya Road stamp. I had those cool buttons that I put on the flowers and the fan in my stash (when I was buying tons of buttons and then never used any!). I really branched out on this one and I'm glad I did!


These next 2 cards are ones I did using Laura's design team application sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. I submitted "my dear." As you can see from an earlier post, I worked on several for this sketch and it was a little hard to make my decision on which one but with the help of my sister, Teresa who does awesome work (Tsscrappinblog.blogspot.com) and her friend Donna, I picked the dear card. Donna, if you are out there, THANKS!!! Someday I hope to meet you! The sweetheart card uses doilies that I picked up at Target and Party City, Ribbon from Michael's, Bo Bunny paper from a previous year, and the candy hears are cut with quickutz.



"My Dear" uses October Afternoon patterned paper, the dear is a revolution (borrowed from my friend Jennifer), and the words are with letter stickers. This one also qualifies for Cardalicious 9 which was to use letter stickers, say "for you", and have green on it! I'm just a week late with it! The heart and grass are sizzix originals.









And here is the sketch, which as you can see I am absolutely in love with!















"Thank You Friend" is for Kazan's Design Team Sketch. I thought about this one quite awhile and finally landed on this card! The patterned paper is Me and My Big Ideas. Friend is cut with the cricut Mini-Monograms cartridge, the birds are quickutz revolution. I had gotten the foam/sparkly crowns from Michaels around halloween!








Here is Kazan's Sketch! Does it look like it?
















Shaina cut her leg at her dad's today falling off the tree fort onto a chain link fence. She had to get 4 stitches but she is better now. I took pictures of the stitches with my camera phone so her brother could see them! Last weekend she lost her cell phone and some stole it so I had to cut off the service and order a new phone (thank goodness I bought the insurance!). And yesterday, while my parents were visiting my other sister in California, their car got broken into and my mom's purse got stolen! I hope the next week goes better for everyone!

2 comments:

Scrappin' T said...

Fabulous cards! I think you are so talented that you'd be a great addition to their design team!

The shabby chic look of the first card is really awesome, too!

Katie said...

I just had so much fun browsing through your blog :)

You make incredible cards!! I adore this 'dear' one!

Thanks for visiting my blog...I appreciate it so much!

Hugs!
Katie