Friday, January 23, 2009

A couple cards to share!


I haven't done the Card-A-Licious Challenge for a few weeks so here is my card for it. The cardalicious challenge 10 was to use a circle (this paper has lots of circles - dots are circles, right? and there are circles in the square), a flower, and something sparkly (w of the flowers are sparkly!). Patterned paper is Me and My Big Ideas, the square is cut with the mini-monograms cricut cartridge, thanks is from the cricut stamped cartridge.






I've been toying with the idea of applying for the 2 Sketches 4 You design team (applications are due tomorrow night at midnight mountain time). Both Laura and Kazan do a sketch and to apply you need to do a card for each. I made several versions for Laura's sketch ~ here are 2. I e-mailed pictures of the some of them and she and her friend helped me decide which one to use (I will show it off later!). I love the internet ~ who would have thought that people in Houston can help me Oregon make that decision! Love it!

Thanks uses pattern paper from Me and My Big Ideas, Thanks cut from the cricut stamped cartridge. Flourish is a quickutz revolution.



The 2nd card is an 11 year old birthday card that either my daughter can use for a birthday party (she will be 11 and all her friends are turning 11). She loves it when the card says the age on it. The paper is from my stash. Happy Birthday is a quickutz revolution and the "1" candles are 2 X 2 Quickutz.The patterned paper is from my stash.

With the help of my friend Gertie from work, we finished the scrapbook for my boss. It turned out great and everyone was quite impressed. Now I'm ready to tackle getting the 2009 calendar and album done for my parents and then move on to finish something else!!!

3 comments:

danni reid. said...

oh these are cuuuute cards, love your take on the circles, very clever!

Liz Weber said...

Just love your cards Tamaroo and good on you for doing the 2 Sketches 4 You DT call cards - they are terrific!

I have enjoyed all of your pretty cards here - Thanks for the inspiration

Scrappin' T said...

I love the cards and great color combos! I will have to try the Stamped cartridge Thanks as it turned out so nice on your card.

Teresa