Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You week of 1-5-09 (Kazan 17 and Peet Bonus Sketch)

I started out the week getting most of these done monday evening after work with more ideas brewing BUT my son got sick, my parents came to town, and it has been a busy week at work. If I get some more done I will post them later this week!

My first one is for Kazan's sketch 17. I don't have a lot of "wavy" type things so I did some ribbon (very loose interpretation of this sketch, I know!). I had just gotten this cute little daisy bucket stamp at my local scrapbook store and had these little lady bug buttons in my stash. I thought that they teamed up with the flowers and the stamp and would make a cute valentine card for a young girl! The flower is a quickutz revolution cookie cutter. I'm really into the black and white look so I used that again! I feel like I'm a broken record (some of you younger people probably don't know what a record is!). Hopefully, I'll break out of this black and white rut sometime soon!






















Peet did the bonus sketch this week and I thought it was so cute. Here I am using black and white again! The background paper is from the DCWV Glitter Stack, and the valentine words are a printable stamp from reginascutterdesigns.blogspot.com (I've used them a bunch in my previous post with shakers! They are very fun). The heart is a quickutz revolution cookie cutter. Love is a sizzlet. The i, heart, and u are cut with sizzix originals (metallic paper on chipboard) and pinned them on the ribbon with a safety pin. The flower is felt also cut with a sizzix original ~ I'm loving that too ~ I've never tried it until now!













Thanks for taking a peek!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome interpretations of both 2s4y sketches this week, fabulous work!!

Scrappin' T said...

Wow! These are really cute. Black & white works well with the bright colors for valentine's and is so classy.

Good idea to try felt with the Sizzix. Maybe the fun foam would work too? Hmmm, might have to give it a go.

And, I know you are busy!!! I can't believe you get so much done with kids and the parents.

Happy Birthday.

Teresa

Unknown said...

Wow that you for taking the time to do both sketches. Love your take on them!
:) Kazan

Unknown said...

These are adorable! Great takes on the sketches!

Tonya said...

These are both too cute!!!