Thursday, January 14, 2010

Card Patterns, 2 Sketches 4 You, and a little Home Decor


I have been having a lot of fun with brown and pink! My last post had brown and pink projects and this one has 2!

The first one is a valentine card using card patterns sketch #46. I have had this paper in my stash for quite awhile and it just seemed to go with the sketch so good (the sealed with a kiss is a block cut from paper that coordinates with the background paper).






The next card I made for a woman in my office who had a retirement party today. I used Laura's sketch 43 from 2 Sketches 4 You to create it. The congrats is from the gypsy font on the cricut gypsy! It is simple but it conveys the message!










This last project is one I'd been meaning to do for awhile. Our scrapbook store (which recently went out of business) was going to have a class to make a "welcome" wall hanging. They decided not to have it (now we know why, because they were closing) so they had a couple pieces of paper (the background - graphic 45) which I bought and I took a picture of it on my cell phone. I had to make a few changes but it was very close to this ~ I think they had printed their letters on white cardstock and I actually cut letters with the cricut (I put them all in one file on the gypsy and saved it so I can do it again!). I was so excited to get this done and when my dad was visiting last weekend we got it hung up in the entry way!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely projects! Thanks for joining in this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

cnelson said...

really fabulous projects!!

Shanna said...

such fun stuff!!! Cute card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!

Laura Davis said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Scrappin' T said...

Cool! I really love the Valentine card with the pink & brown -- it really pops! The welcome turned out cute!

yyam said...

I really love your card for CP...brown and pink look good together! Great work on the other projects too! :)

dstandard said...

Totally adorable cards!

papertrails leaver said...

I like the pink and brown cards! I love the first card "Sealed with a Kiss" and I think I have some of this paper around so you inspired me to look for it. It's so cute! Sorry about the LSS closing. The wall hanging is beautiful!

whoistracy said...

Oh these are fantastic! I can't get enough pink and brown together!! Love that PP you used on your first card, too. Has such a mod feel to it.