Sunday, October 4, 2009

Card Patterns #35 - Fall Door Hangers!

I made a door hanger the other day using 2 Sketches 4 You but I needed another door hanger for work so this time I'm using Card Patterns! Don't you just love the sketch challenges!!

I actually made several of these ~ I'm going to give one to my mom and one to each of my sisters (I made 2 almost alike ~ and if you are my sister reading this blog then I guess the surprise will be ruined!).

The fall and fabulous were both cut from the Ashlyn's alphabet cricut cartridge. The paper is from the Making Memories fall 8 X 8 paper pack and one very old DCWV fall paper pack (don't know how long it has been hanging around).

I copied the ribbon folding idea from another person who submitted a card for this sketch (I'm sorry I can't remember who it was!). I was so intrigued on how it was done with a stapler that I had to try it! The turquoise colored ribbon I just got at Michaels (40% off) and the plaid had been hanging around for awhile!

The little photo corners are quickutz.

It was very fun to use the turquoise color with fall!





Thanks for taking a look! Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

whoistracy said...

What a wonderful idea! I've always admired door hangers but never thought to make my own. These turned out fab.

Martha said...

What a great idea! These are beautiful :)

Chris said...

What a super banner...so neat! Thanks for playing along with Card Patterns - it really is so much fun to be the sponsor again! :)

Scrappin' T said...

As a lucky recipient of a Fall door hanger I have to say AWESOME!! I really love the stapled ribbon and will scraplift this idea!!