Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You and some Disney Autograph Books

In my other post today, I gave all my reasons why I've been busy and not doing cards but as we approach the time school starts (after labor day), I will be getting back in more of a routine!

This week Kazan did the sketch and she also asked us to used inspiration. She used furniture but I used a necklace that had blues and browns in it (I had also seen a bedspread in a Penney's add but I had already recycled it). It is a cool color combo! I used one of the cutting cafe's printable calendar stamps on this. This card is for a man in my office. It turned out very muted but someone said, he is an understated man and it was perfect. I hope he likes it!



Here is the necklace! I have a blue and brown blouse I wear it with but couldn't figure out how to get it all in the picture!




We went to Disneyland in July and I made each of the kids 2 autograph books - one for the princess type characters and one for the others. They were nearly filled up so I'm glad I did them ~ there are 12 pages in each! We did have BBQ with Woody and Jessie from Toy Story, Breakfast with Minnie, and then Dinner with the princesses so that helped to fill them up!
I felt so great because some of the princesses commented on what cool books they were! And my kids said their mom made them! It made me feel great!


Thanks for looking! Have a great rest of the week!




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is lovely - just as beautiful as your inspiration piece. Thanks for playing - good luck with the busy weeks ahead - I am in the thick of it now ;)
Hugs
Kazan

Regina Easter said...

wow i am loving how you did these calendars..you rock tamaroo...hugs

Kim Sonksen said...

I love you card and the necklace, did you create it? It's gorgeous!

Thank you for playing along at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

Ginny Larsen said...

i love that necklace, and i think your inspiration translated so well in your card... beautiful!

Juhi said...

Gorgeous card, love the hat pin with the star, and brilliant use of the calender stamp.
The autograph books look adorable....

cnelson said...

very pretty! love the use of your inspiration!

Scrappin' T said...

Wow!!!!!! The Disney books are totally awesome!! Love, love, love them!!!! I'm so glad you had a great time!!

P.S. I don't think Shamu signs at Sea World, but I think it will be fun anyway!!!!

Tejashree said...

grt work dear