Friday, March 6, 2009

More Green! (2 Sketches 4 You week of 3/2/09 and Card Patterns 2/28/09 + a couple other projects!)

Last week I wasn't able to do any of the sketch patterns. It was such a busy week! Our dishwasher had totally quit 2 weeks ago and we got our new one installed last Saturday + we got a new refrigerator! What a difference it is making! Also, my daughter got sick and work was busy! This week everyone has been well and I actually took part of the day off today because I'd worked so much during the week and there was no school today! We had a great day ~ went to the outlet stores to Aeropostle and both kids got some new shirts. Lunch from Burger King and then watched a movie together on the Disney Channel. Nice and relaxing.


Then I had some time to work on some cards! The first 2 are using Kazan's sketch this week at 2 Sketches 4 You. I was really in a green mood again. I found these cool poems at the QuoteGarden.com that make great cards. If you are ever looking for quotes and poems, that is the place to go!









The 2nd 2 cards are for the CardPatterns sketch this week. I used some more of the poems! On all 4 of these cards I used Reminisce patterned paper ~ the darker version is from this year and the lighter version is from past years. They actually went together pretty well.























This week there was an auction at my daughter's school and her teacher asked me to "dress up" the lunch they were providing for the auction ~ here is the before version that she sent home from school and below is my "dressed up" version.























I also finished up 24 cards for another recognition event at work. I decided to make cards that celebrate Oregon's 150th birthday. I made my own patterned paper using the words from the state song "Oregon, My Oregon." We will have the Director and Deputy Director along with me sign them and then they will be tied on to bags with our agency logo.

My old boss used to tell me that we have agency stationary but I always think if I make them they are more special. I try to make different ones each time we have a recognition event! This one is similar to one of Laura's sketches at 2 Sketches 4 You a couple weeks ago!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice cards and great job with the CP sketch. These green cards are great at getting people into the mood for St. Patrick's Day. Thanks for joining us this week!

Sonya said...

Goodness me you have been super busy! Love your dressed up invite! Your take on Michelle's card pattern is wonderful as well! Thanks so much for joining in!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous St Patties Day cards Tami - thanks for the inspiration because I have not even started on any of mine - eaaaak!
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Sandra Korten said...

Hi Tami,
I love your both of your cards. Love the colours. I agree with Sonya, you have been busy!!!
Sandra :-)

Scrappin' T said...

Wow! You are incredible! I can't believe how productive you are! What beautiful cards and I'm sure that folks really do appreciate the handmade version of stationary more!! Hope you have a great week!
Teresa

cnelson said...

love all your creations!!

Unknown said...

Hey! Sorry it took me so long to come back!

I am not on the DT for CWH, but I do make things for them as a "private contractor"! :D
I met Whit on the message board for CWH and now follow her blog! :D