Monday, March 23, 2009

Card Patterns #7 and Use It #3 + a few more pages of the Silverwood Book!

I liked Card Patterns Sketch #7, that I used it again! I actually used the outside of the oval frame that I used in the card I posted yesterday! Can't let anything go to waste. I used the sizzix bunny and some little flowers that someone sent me in the card challenge on scrapbook.com a few months ago! I stamped "some bunny loves you" on cardstock and then used the cuttlebug embossing to see how it would look afterwards. There is a first time for everything! I'm not sure I like it a lot but I'm going to give it one of my kids for easter!





My second card if for the Use It #3 challenge. Use eyelets (yes, Heidi you are right, I do have tons of eyelets!!!), something more than one year old, and polka dots. When I saw the challenge I thought of the XO eyelets I bought many, many years ago. The red heart was actually from a package of die cut hearts that my sister, Darleen gave me (again, many, many years ago!) and the flowers were probably from one of the first bottles of primas I ever purchased. The red heart paper behind the hearts is also at least 2 years old! This was incredibly fun! Can't wait for next week!



I'm also posting 3 more sets of pages from my altered Silverwood books. I will try to post a couple pages each time so that the suspense (LOL) keeps building! I actually counted out and I only have 6 more sets of pages to go (then times by 4!!!). I'm hoping in a couple weeks I get it finished!

Silverwood is an amusement park in Northern Idaho. The first picture is outside the corkscrew which is an upside down roller coaster that they got from Knotts Berry Farm.




I had a ton of fun with this ice cream picture. The patterned paper was from the DCWV 2007 summer stack and I remember looking at that big ice cream cone on the paper thinking, I'll never use this! Well, I think this turned out great. I stickled the ice cream cone and then cut all the letters out with the cricut! I would have never been able to do this without it! Thanks to my sister, Teresa, I am now a cricut lover!!!! (PS - you can check out her blog - see my side bar - Tsscrappinblog!)






And the last pages this time are from the tilt a whirl - I had to put the little circle around my kids because it was really hard to get a picture!



Have a great week! I'm hoping to do some more this wee!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

♥love♥ your Use It! card, and your narrative explaining the supplies that you used!! thank you SO much for playing along with this week's challenge!!
~rae

Tonya said...

Great job on your card! I know what you mean...I have tons of eyelets, too, and haven't used them for a very long time! Great job...I really like the polka-dotted black heart!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I have that same paper you used on the love card!

Unknown said...

Great projects!

LOVE what you did with the Use It! challenge! (I think all of us has a ton of eyelets)

Kelly said...

LOVE your bunny- he is too cute!

whoistracy said...

What a cute book! And your bunny card for CP is adorable. So glad you could join us.

Anonymous said...

All of your projects are so pretty!! I think that the little bunny card you made using the CP sketch is ADORABLE!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Scrappin' T said...

LOVE the bunny card! I have turned eyelets into functional items--using them on my key tags (you know, for the supermarket & gym) so the holes don't wear out! Using them on a card would be so much more fun -- yours turned out so cute!!

And I LOVE the ice cream cone page! I don't think I know anyone who scrapbooks that I haven't converted to a Cricut addict! What fun!

Martha said...

Love your cards! Your blog is beautiful! And thanks for visiting my blog.
Martha

Regan said...

wow, what a whole buch of beautiful!!!

Rosanne said...

Cute cards!

Patti said...

Great job!! what a talented paper crafter : ) great way to "use it"!!!

Patti

Raechelle Bellus said...

this card is even cuter than the other one! The bunny is darling! Your book is so fun and colorful, it's a treasure for sure!

danni reid. said...

love your cards & your book is fab!