Saturday, March 21, 2009

Card Patterns + Silverwood Book Part 1!

I saw the card patterns sketch today and I automatically thought "easter egg." Looking through my stash of easter paper, I found this patterned paper! I cut the "egg" out of chipboard with the sizzix oval frame! The chocolate rabbit is a new quickutz die. The flower is felt cut with a sizzix die. And the grass is also a sizzix!

It seems like a pretty simple card ~ sometimes simple is good!





I have really been scrapping lately! I started an altered book for myself, my daughter, my son, and my niece (yes 4!) in August. I had done the cover and the first 2 pages in August and hadn't touched it till about a month ago! I'm really putting a lot of effort into it and it is probably one of the most creative projects I've ever done. I got the books at Craft Warehouse - the pages are heavier than chipboard - it was meant to slip pictures in and has sayings and quotes in it. But at Craft Warehouse, they had one that they had started altering and it gave me an idea! I do have more pages done (by I'm not done with the book yet!) so I will share a few here and there!

Silverwood is an amusement park in Athol, Idaho just north of Coeur d' Alene. It had some awesome roller coasters and a lot of other cool rides. When we were visiting my parents last summer in Lewiston, Idaho we took my niece with us to spend the day there! (My friend Gail always points out that even if we spend a day doing something it takes many more days to scrap it!).



This is the map at the entrance of Silverwood! This is Shaina's book ~ each one uses a little different colors on this first page and has their name in the book (I just put "mom" in mine!).










I got their picture by the entrance to the log ride! Very fun!











The Corkscrew is a roller coaster that Silverwood bought from Knotts Berry Farm and it was the first upside down roller coaster!




12 comments:

AUsome mom said...

WOW! Your CP card is great! And your scrapbook is awesome! That jelly bean pp looks so real!

Laurel said...

Wow fabulous stuff!

Sonya said...

That patterned paper is so effective, they look like real eggs peeping through from the inside of your card. Love the little bunny and grass,such a fun card.

Fiona Yeoh said...

how gorgeous is that card?! i swear it was a box *lol* great album too, thanks for playing along!

Kristen Swain said...

such a sweet card! i love the easter egg paper!
kris

Scrappin' T said...

Wow! The Easter card is really cute! And the Silverwood books are coming along great! You're doing a fantastic job on them! I love the fonts (graphically speaking?) -- they are really "fun" to fit with the theme of the books!

P.S. Gail is SOOOO Right!!

Anonymous said...

What a great job you did with the CP sketch!! That paper you used is super cute. Thanks for joining us!

whoistracy said...

What a great easter card! Love the fun colors. Glad you could join us!

Wendy said...

what a nice cp card have you made

greetings Wendy

Erin Smetak said...

Your cardpatterns card is SO cute! I love the springy colors!

Great job!!!

Mary said...

How cute! Love the chocolate bunny :)

mbryt1.blogspot.com

Raechelle Bellus said...

Your card is really cute! I really like the pp you used!
I also like your book. The colors are fun and the front cover is neat. We live near Silverwood and my kids love it!