Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sweet Valentines!

Every year at work there is a food drive during February. One of the traditions that I and another gal have started is to sell cards with all the money going to the food drive. February is a great month to sell valentines. I had made several (and so had she) but last week people were really buying them! So this weekend, I'm busy cranking out some more for the rush next week! I scrapped with my friends yesterday and finally finished the 2009 calendar and accompanying album for my parents so I spent the rest of the evening doing some valentines. Here they are!

The first one uses Bo Bunny polka dot paper and the other patterned papers are Making Memories Sabrina. I used the quickutz revolution 3-D butterfly (I'm loving this guy!) and the quickutz ticket. The tickets are stamped with Autumn Leaves stamps. The flower is felt cut with a sizzix die.

The 2nd card also uses Making Memories Sabrina with a doily from target. The round stamp is a Teresa Collins and the tag is a quickutz tag, stamped with quickutz sophisticate stamps (I had made several of these tags last year so they will come in handy to make some quick cards this week).








The 3rd and 4th cards also use Making Memories Sabrina. The 3rd one also uses the Teresa Collins Stamp.













The 4th card combines a lot of the elements from the previous cards. Love is cut with a sizzlet and the round circles are quickutz cookie cutters.










My favorite card of this group is the last one. All the patterned paper is Basic Grey Bittersweet. I used that wonderful butterfly again! I told you I loved this butterfly! The oval is cut with a quickutz cookie cutter and the love is a 2 X 2 quickutz.









I made some cool food for my friends yesterday and decided to take some pictures as I still have a dream of making a family recipe book for my sisters and mom that combines our favorite recipes with some scrapbooking so it is a family heirloom! When that will be, I don't know but I am going to start taking pictures when I make something would go into it!

This wonderful creation is a S'Mores Lava Cake. My sister sent me the recipe (see perfect for the book) and it comes from Everday with Rachel Ray. Here is the link: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/dessert-recipes/smores-lava-cakes/article.html



I made a sausage egg bake and overnight french toast for breakfast. (I could do better on my picture taking!)










And this is one of my favorite lo-cal treats. It is a weight watchers yogurt pie. I made an orange one and it was yummy!



Well, I'm off to make more cards!



1 comment:

Scrappin' T said...

Wow! Beautiful valentines. The last one is the best! The butterfly is really awesome.

Glad you liked the lava cakes -- they are pretty low calories, too, AND dark chocolate is a healthu food, ya know!

Teresa