Saturday, February 7, 2009

3 Challenges in One!!! (2 Sketches 4 You, Card*A*Licious, and Non-Trad Valentine)



  • I've been super busy this week (and next week will be worse!). I don't know if sub-consciously knowing I was busy, I came up with this card that combines 3 challenges:

>Kazan's sketch for this week (week of 2/2/09),

>Card*A*Licious Challenge (3 patterned papers + orange letter stickers),

>One of the February Card Challenges at Scrapbook.com is to make a Non-Traditional Valentine

The background paper is Creative Imaginations that I picked up at Craft Warehouse yesterday at lunch! The other patterned papers are Me and My Big Ideas. I actually used 4 patterned papers if you are really counting! The cute flower brads are Making Memories. The book plate is a sizzix and the butterfly is one of the new quickutz revolution 3-D Dies ~ so I actually through in using a new die in this card too! Kind of scary!

My 2 good friends will be here at 8 a.m. for a day of scrapping! Breakfast will be ready for them ~ a egg and sausage casserole and overnight french toast with strawberries! I've got a bunch of other yummy food ready and Gail is bringing pork tenderloin for dinner!

I'm going to try to finish the calendar I'm making my parents and then work on some more valentines. I make them to sell for the Governor's food drive in February and even though we had a lot when we started the week, the stash is dwindling! Which means money for the food bank!!! Yay! But more work for me!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

6 comments:

~dawne said...

LOVE this color combo...makes me smile & your card is beautiful. Did you add something dimensional to your butterfly?

Unknown said...

Whooo hooo you did a fantastic job doing 3 challenges in one. I find that so hard and you make it look effortless. A beautiful job on the most important challenge - mine!!! *lol*
Thanks for playing
Hugs
Kazan

cnelson said...

love this in every way possible!

Ewonne said...

Great colors and a lovely card!

Made by Mandy said...

That is a beautiful butterfly, thanks for the info on who makes it.

Impressed with how many patterned papers you mixed together, looks very effective.

Danielle Flanders said...

Gorgeous! Love your butterfly! I so need to get a die cutting machine!