Saturday, February 14, 2009

150th Birthday Party for the State of Oregon

Here are some pictures from the big birthday party at the Oregon State Capitol today! Alot of Oregon products made a presence. Milk, the beverage of the state of Oregon! There were Tillamook cheese samples (always yummy) and some butter called Rose Valley butter from McMinnville, Oregon. It was tasty too.







Umpqua ice cream had a special ice cream made just for the 150th birthday with hazelnuts and huckleberries. It was so delicious. I'm sure that my dad will love it, so when he comes to visit I will need to get some!

The first 500 kids got goody bags. Here is Shaina with a "farm bureau" fan!


This is a picture of the 3 of us with the live "Gold Man." On the top of our capitol is a gold statue and this represents the statue. My son said he smelled like spray paint! But it was cool!












Valentine's Day is Oregon's Birthday! This year it is 150! Here is a picture of the cake that serves 3,000. We actually go a piece of it and it was very tasty!

























2 comments:

Scrappin' T said...

Cool! A cake that served 3000 people -- holy cow!!

I love Tillamook cheese, too! Well, any cheese, almost. And I am sure that Dad will love the ice cream -- it sounds fantastic.

Unknown said...

Wow!! You're in Oregon too! I didn't know it had a birthday! LOL
I live near Portland! :D