Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sweet Summer Door Hanger (BBTB Contest and Card Patterns Sketch #22)



I have really been having a good time making Door Hangers instead of cards! They are a bit bigger than a card and you can incorporate a sketch into them so well!

For this one I used the Card Patterns Sketch #22. I love to try their sketches! I'm going on vacation next week so I'm trying to get my fill of scrapping and card making in now!!!

Bitten By the Bug has a contest going on right now where you need to have:

**a summer theme

**cuts from any cricut cartridge (I used Lyrical Letters for the bird, the bush (it is behind all the flowers), and sweet summer and George for the flowers)

**incorporate a yellow button somewhere in it (I've got a big one and several small ones along with a lot of other colors)

The paper is from the Basic Grey Lime Rickey 6 X 6 paper pack.

It is very eclectic and a little outside my normal style but I'm going to put it on my door at work! Just a way to have some art on my door! Maybe it will make someone smile!

I guess this also qualifies for the Pile It On Challenge because this weeks is to have 4 buttons ~ I'm new to that challenge ~ not sure how many times you can post something on it! But I'm on a roll with buttons and challenges this week!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a professional at door hangers girl!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Laurel said...

Great take on the sketch, so cheery! Thanks for playing!

Lynne in NI said...

Your door hangers are totally fabulous! Bet your neighbours are soooo envious!

Regina Easter said...

wow, love the colors on this wall hanging, and the birds are to cute...hugs

Juhi said...

Hi Tami, yeah you are right this is a bit different from your usual style, but its absolutely adorable!! I love all the bright colors, maybe I should also try a door hanger!
Have a great vacation, I'm sure you'll come back all rejuvenated!

Juhi

Scrappin' T said...

This is bright & cheerful! Cute!

Kristina said...

Very cute. I love the colors and those Prima flowers! Great door hanger.

whoistracy said...

Oh how fun is this?!?! Love all the bright colors and those flowers. Great job!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Love the colors and the DP....and the flowers! Very nice! :)

yyam said...

This looks great Tami! Love the bright and cheery colors! Can't go wrong with birds and flowers! :)

yyam said...

This looks great Tami! Love the bright and cheery colors! Can't go wrong with birds and flowers! :)

Krista B. said...

Love your door hanger - what a great idea! Love the birdies and the fun colors :)

Juhi said...

Hey Tami, How are you doing? How was the vacation......we miss u..

Juhi

Juhi said...

Hi Tami, How are you doing?
wow, I didn't know betel leaf had so many uses and was popular in countries other than India!!
I have a little something for you on my blog, please pop over when you have a chance
Juhi