For some reason, Kazan's sketch this week made me think of water and clouds so I made the rectangle into an above and below the ground! These didn't turn out to be my best work, but here they are. I used paper and die cuts from my stash so I was very happy about that!
I do really like how this get well card turned out for my friend Bonnie. She had knee replacement surgery this week and I went to visit her in the hospital. She is doing really good!
Kazan asked everyone to tell 5 things they were thankful for so here goes:
1. Family! I was very lucky this week to have my sister come visit from Texas (along with my parents) for Thanksgiving. I hadn't seen her for 12 years and my kids had not met her so it was very exciting for all of us. We had an awesome visit! My parents are always wonderful to see and as an adult, I feel like I'm closer to them then ever. I recently got unlimited texting for my kids and myself and was happily surprised that 2 of the people they want to text are my other sister and her daughter (their cousin) in California. I never thought texting would have that affect!
2. My Beautiful Children! I know they are family but they are the most special part of my family. I learn new things every day from them so besides loving them a ton, they open my eyes to things I never would have thought about.
3. My career/job! I have been so lucky to have a rewarding career for the last 25 years and plan to work for a long time! I feel like every day I'm still growing and changing and learning. In fact, a week ago, I wrote all the people who work for me about thankfulness! Very timely!
4. My health! I am very lucky that I'm healthy!
5. Scrapbooking and Cardmaking! I think having a creative outlet makes me healthier, happier and helps me not get stressed out from work. I've always had a career that was very detail-oriented ~ accounting and now management/administration and you can only get so creative or you have problems. But I think deep down I like colors and creativity and need this!
I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving week!