Thursday, November 13, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You Kazan's Sketch Week of Nov 10, 2008 and the Card-A-Licious Challenge of the week

The Card-A-Licious Challenge this week was to make a card out of a file folder. I used a regular file folder and cut it down to the size of a 6 X 6 card and then covered it with paper. The paper is Basic Grey "Boxer." For some reason when I thought of the file folder, I thought of work and then bosses day (it is in October so we just had it). My boss is a man and I usually have problems thinking up masculine card ideas so thought this challenge would be the perfect opportunity!!! Just think, this may be the card I give him next year and it is already made. Maybe I will think of something better during the year but if I don't, I'm saving myself time in Oct 09.









Here is my take on 2 Sketches 4 You, Kazan's Sketch 13. It was really a fun card to put together! The patterned paper is all from the Me and My Big Ideas Christmas Stack that I just got at Michael's (with a 50% coupon!), Joy is from one of the original sizzix alphabets. The earth is a quickutz, the round circle is cut from a revolution cookie cutter and stamped with a Daisy Bucket Stamp. The bird is cut from a sizzlet (the paper is sparkly), the corners are quickutz, and the flourish is a revolution die. The blue felt ribbon is creative imaginations.


Thanks for taking a look at all these!



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! I love how you combined all the die cuts on the 2s4u card!

Davinie Fiero said...

I love that you made a masculine card for the Cardalicious challenge. It totally makes sense when you are using a file folder. Thanks for playing along!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards! Love your take on Kazan's 2s4y sketch this week!

Unknown said...

I am so glad to see so many Christmas cards this week - I need all the inspiration I can get to get mine started (lol) and this one is extra cute! Thanks for playing Tami
:) Kazan

Lea L. said...

What fun cards!! I just love the Christmas themed card you did for 2S4U this week! Very cool paper! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Eveline said...

Great cards.
Eveline.

Martha said...

You made beautiful cards!
Martha

Katie said...

Fun cards! Love your take on the
2S4Y sketch!

Katie

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Great cards!

danni reid. said...

these are GREAT cards, love your boss' card, file folder and boss just fits doesn't it? Have a great week!