Sunday, December 6, 2009

Card Patterns #44 and Count Down to Christmas Calendars


I hope everyone had a great weekend! I worked on Disney scrapbooks and Christmas cards and cleaned house!!! I'm sure you can guess what was my least favorite thing!

Here is my card for Card Patterns Sketch 44. I used Basic Gray fruitcake paper for the background and the "Christmas Stamp" paper is Graphic 45 (I'm so loving Graphic 45 right now and the nostalgic look). The snow flake was cut out of sparkly paper with the cricut solutions cartridge, When it is Cold Outside (I just got it in the mail yesterday!). I added a green button with red skinny ribbon and a making memories stick pin. The top ribbon I just got at Michaels (1/2 price with 15% off tonight!!).


I finished these 2 Countdown to Christmas calendars today also. Michaels had a demo of countdown calendars but they did not have any of the round favor containers or the smaller wooden wreath so I had to improvise with hearts and a bigger wreath.

The first one is for my daughter so I used pastel reindeer paper and used all pastels. I cut the numbers with cricut Don Juan.






For my son's, I used more traditional colors.

They both have yummy candy in them: cookies and creme, peppermint patties, rolos, and reeses peanut butter bells.

Hopefully they won't get into them before the 12 days of Christmas!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Scrappin' T said...

Totally cool! I love the countdown wreaths - great idea!!

whoistracy said...

What an adorable card! I love the vintage collage image you used. And those calendars are such a great idea.

Chris said...

oh boy, those wreaths are great - I'm sure your kids will LOVE them!

Glad you could play along over at Card Patterns. Thanks so much!

It's such fun to be the sponsor this week and see all the great submissions. I hope you can visit my blog too where I have a second chance for a prize plus my take on the sketch. :)
http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/2009/12/sponsoring-card-patterns.html

Juhi said...

Wow, love the countdown calenders with goodies in them! what a great idea!
Great take on the CP sketch. love the ribbon on top!