Sunday, May 3, 2009

Card Patterns #13 and A Mother's Day Project!

I hope everyone had a great National Scrapbook Day! I did! I met my 2 scrapping friends at Craft Warehouse at 10 yesterday and we shopped and did a cute little make and take book (it was bound with a bind it all ~ so cool ~ and I have one in the box that I've never used so I think I'll be using it now!). Then we scrapped all day and I finished my Silverwood book! I will post pictures soon!

But....here is my Card Patterns card for Sketch #13. Below you will see my mother's day project. I used some leftover paper to make my daughter her birthday card (her birthday is 5/6!). The patterned paper is all Little Yellow Bicycle Zinnia. I love this paper! The happy birthday is a Technique Tuesday Stamp. The brad in the flower and the bling on the candles is the same Little Yellow Bicycle collection. I even doodled on the white paper!





A week ago, I took a class at my local scrap store, Scrapbook Fever (see the last post). We made this cool Fancy Pants frame. I wanted to get the same frame and do it in purples because my mother likes purple for mother's day. They didn't have any more of that frame so I bought the 18 X 9 frame. I bought and collected a bunch of cool purple stuff and then went to work to create!






And here is the finished product. It really looks better in real life. When my mom gets here, we will put in some pictures. I can't believe I did this by myself! The flower in the left bottom corner is made of several different kinds of paper. All the floweres are layered and chalked and there are lots of little details! Hopefully she will like it!








This last picture is of the frame we did in class last week. The paper is BoBunny. The teacher had everything cut out and it still took us all day. The big flower is a little different pattern ~ she gave us 2 patterns! I like the one that I made for the purple one a little bit better!
Have a great week! I know mine will be busy as both my kiddos have their birthdays, mother's day, National Corrections Week so lots of activities at work!
Take care!


7 comments:

yyam said...

Hi Tami! Love the card and the projects too. You must post again, complete with pics! Purple's a great color!

whoistracy said...

Wow, just stunning! What a gorgeous card. So many elements but they work together perfectly.

And your frame is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us!

Anonymous said...

All of your projects are great and you did a great job with the CP sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week!

papertrails leaver said...

Love your work! The combinations of patterns and colors you mix are fabulous!

Juhi said...

Hi Tami, Loved your daughter's b'day card. The frame for your mum is simply amazing. Both the flowers at the bottom are gorgeous.

Juhi said...

Hi Tami, I have awarded a kinship award to you, please visit my blog for more details, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving those lovely comments.....

Juhi said...

Hi Tami! Thanks a lot :) .......haven't seen any updates on your blog since a long time.....